Amateur food photography aside...
Please ignore the amateur food photography & pesky test strip stuck on my sock... These burgers from @lyfebulb's new cookbook are SO tasty. I took some culinary liberty & added an excessive amount of avocado. I also opted for lettuce wraps in place of buns for a lighter & lower carb meal, but nonetheless delicious!
RECIPE: Chicken, Apple & Arugula Burgers
2 lb ground chicken *I replaced with organic, free-range ground turkey
1 cup arugula
1 cup diced apple *I chose granny smith
2/3 cup diced onion
1 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds *I couldn't find crushed fennel, so I used a french herb & thyme blend
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Few drops lemon juice
8 buns * I used romaine lettuce to wrap the burgers
1. Mix ground chicken (or turkey), arugula, apple, onion, herbs, spices & seasoning together in a large bowl.
2. Shape mixture into 8 evenly sized patties
3. Heat a grill pan over medium heat, brush with EVOO
4. Cook patties for approximately 4 minutes on each side, until browned and cook through
5. Add your favorite toppings & enjoy!